Stud Dog Contract:
On ________________________ Apexx akitas Kennels, now referred to as the Stud Dog Owner, has agreed to breed the stud dog listed below with the bitch that is also listed below who is owned/leased by ____________________ who will now be referred to as the Breeder.
Stud Dog Owner
Registered Name: ________________________________________________________
UKC # _______________________
Sire of Stud: ____________________________________________________________
Dam of Stud: ____________________________________________________________
Registered Name: ________________________________________________________
UKC # _______________________
Sire of Bitch: ____________________________________________________________
Dam of Bitch: ____________________________________________________________
STUD DOG OWNER:
The Stud Dog Owner warrants that no other dog but the stud listed above will be introduced or bred to the above listed bitch. Special care and attention will be provided to ensure against any accidental breeding while the bitch is in residence of the Stud Dog Owner. (If the bitch is to take residence with the Stud Dog Owner.)
The Stud Dog Owner shall provide all reasonable care for said bitch while she is in the Stud Dog Owner`s charge including feeding, water, exercise and affection. Every precaution will be taken to ensure against disease, injury, accident, loss, or death of the bitch. If veterinary care is needed at any time while the bitch is in Stud Dog Owner`s care, the Breeder is expected to reimburse Stud Dog Owner for said costs. Stud Dog Owner is not held responsible for any of the above occurrences, unless said occurrences were due to gross negligence on their part.
The Stud Dog Owner warrants that their dog is current on all vaccinations, worming and flea and tick control. Stud dog has also been tested for Brucellosis and found to be negative within 20 days prior to introduction to the bitch. The Stud Dog Owner also agrees that the OFA rating is Normal to Excellent, and/or Penn Hip is in the upper percentile of its group on the stud, unless stated otherwise. Stud Dog Owner will also supply Breeder with at least one good color picture of the Stud Dog, and one pedigree ranging from four to six generations.
STUD SERVICE CONTRACT
The stud dog will attempt to service the bitch at least two times. In the event that the bitch cannot be bred naturally, Breeder may request that the bitch be artificially inseminated. If such is the case, Stud Dog Owner will have the bitch artificially inseminated by a licensed veterinarian of their choice and Breeder will reimburse Stud Dog Owner for all costs involved with this procedure.
Stud Dog Owner will provide Breeder with a written synopsis of the bitch`s behavior during her stay at the Stud Dog Owner`s facilities. This will outline eating habits, interaction with people and dogs on the premises and interaction with the Stud Dog. This will also include the exact dates, times, and length of ties of each breeding that occurs.
The stud fee for this breeding is $______________________ to be paid on/before the time the bitch arrives at the Stud Dog Owner`s residence. ALL STUD FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
It is guaranteed that if at least one puppy is born dead or alive it constitutes the litter, BUT if only one puppy, born dead or alive, results from the breeding, a return service will be issued within a one and a half year period with no fee except the possibility of choosing a puppy at a lower or reduced cost.
Any free return service (as noted above) will be given ONLY to the bitch noted in this contract. Should said bitch die or become unable to conceive or carry a litter, the Stud Dog Owner is no longer obligated to offer a free return service.
Should said stud die, or become unable to sire a litter, the owner of the stud retains the right to grant a free service (as noted above) to another of their studs.
If monetary stud fee is waived by Stud Dog Owner for choice of "pick puppy" of the said litter, the following applies: $100.00 non- refundable deposit is paid to Stud Dog Owner when contract has been signed by both parties. Breeder will forward Stud Dog Owner several close-up detailed pictures of the litter during different periods of growth from 3 weeks of age up to 7 weeks. The 7 wk old pictures will show all puppies of the litter in "stacked" positions from all four sides so as to allow Stud Dog Owner to see conformation of puppies. Breeder agrees that no puppies in said litter will be "promised", kept or sold until Stud Dog Owner has made their pick. Stud Dog Owner does agree to make a pick in the timeliest fashion possible.
Any puppy picked by Stud Dog Owner will carry the Apexx Akita Kennel name unless an agreement has been made between both parties prior to the breeding taking place. If the Stud Dog Owner decides that one of the puppies fit what he/she is looking for, If the Stud Dog Owner decides that one of the puppies fit what he/she is looking for, then the Stud Dog Owner will refund the stud fee with the reduction of the $100 deposit.
- Breeder warrants that the bitch listed and described above is owned/leased by them and that they have every right therefore to perform this breeding. If Breeder leases the bitch, Stud Dog Owner will be supplied with a copy of the lease agreement between Breeder and Owner.
- Breeder warrants that the bitch listed and described above is current on all vaccinations, and is free of all worms, fleas and ticks. Said bitch has been tested for Brucellosis and found to be negative within 20 days prior to introduction to the stud dog. CERF and Thyroid profile of said bitch is dated within a year of this breeding, OFA rating is Normal to Excellent, and/or Penn Hip is in the upper percentile of its group. Copies of all above mentioned test result proofs must be forwarded to Stud Dog Owner in a timely manner in order for this breeding to occur. Unless stated otherwise.
- Breeder is responsible for all shipping costs of the bitch to and from the Stud Dog Owner`s premises. If shipping is accomplished by Stud Dog Owner driving more than 30 miles from home, Breeder will reimburse Stud Dog Owner for gas usage of their vehicle. No bitch is to be sent COD or collect to Stud Dog Owner.
- If Breeder is requesting fresh chilled or fresh frozen semen collection from above listed stud dog, Breeder will assume all monetary costs for procedures. This includes but is not limited to, collection of sperm, shipment via the most expedient way and artificial insemination of bitch upon arrival. All the same requirements, health tests, and statements of this contract will still apply to both parties.
- Breeder will notify Stud Dog Owner as soon as referenced bitch comes into heat or earlier, so that arrangements can be made in a timely manner to ship/breed. Breeder warrants that the above listed and described bitch has not been introduced to any other males at any time during this current heat cycle and could not have been bred by any other male prior to forwarding to Stud Dog Owner`s facilities. Breeder also guarantees this bitch will not be exposed to any other males after this breeding upon her return home. All care will be taken by Breeder to prevent contact until such time as her heat cycle ends.
Breeder will supply Stud Dog Owner with enough food supply for the bitch while in the care of Stud Dog Owner. If food cannot be supplied by Breeder, Stud Dog Owner will be notified of brand, etc. and make every effort to accommodate the bitch. Breeder will reimburse Stud Dog Owner for any food and supplements that will be fed to the bitch while in the care of Stud Dog Owner. If the bitch remains at the Stud Dog Owner`s facilities beyond 5 days, Breeder will pay a $28.00 per day boarding fee for every day over the first 5.
Upon validation of this contract Breeder agrees to furnish Stud Dog Owner with the following as it pertains to said bitch:
- Copy of Brucellosis test results
- If Breeder leases bitch, lease agreement between bitch owner and Breeder.
- OFA and/or Penn Hip certificate.
- Current CERF exam
- Copy of ANY/ALL registration papers.
- A four to six generation pedigree
- At least two color photos
- The number of the Breeder’s Veterinarian
Breeder agrees to the following regarding the litter(s) that result(s) from this and/or return breeding:
- All white-factored (lethal white) puppies or puppies with serious birth defects must be humanely destroyed on/before they are three days old at the expense of the Breeder. Written verification (preferably by licensed Veterinarian) must be submitted to Stud Dog Owner in a timely manner.
- All non-lethal disqualifying mis-marked puppies will be sold only as pets with limited registration and spay/neuter contracts only. All other pet quality puppies will also be sold with limited registration and spay/neuter contracts only.
- All puppies (pet or show quality) sold from this litter will be sold with puppy contracts the same as or similar to Stud Dog Owner`s contracts.
- Breeder warrants that ABSOLUTELY NO puppies from this breeding will be released to or handed into any Shelter, SPCA, Humane Society, or Rescue Organization.
- Breeder will supply Stud Dog Owner with color photographs of all surviving puppies of this litter, and the names and addresses of all new puppy owners of this litter in a timely manner as they are sold.
Both parties agree that all paperwork required in this document will be supplied to the applicable parties. It is also understood and agreed that the Stud Dog Owner has the right to refuse to breed listed stud if any of the paperwork submitted by Breeder does not meet the requirements of the Owner. This includes (but is not limited to) health certificates, pedigrees, etc.
It is also agreed and understood by both parties that any and all money, paper work, pictures or requirements that are not sent in a timely manner or not met, will be considered breach of this contract and thus, Owner has no obligation to sign the applicable litter registration papers until requirements are met by the Breeder, or vice-versa.
The signatures below constitute agreement of the above listed terms by both the Stud Dog Owner and Breeder. Any legal action taken by either party pertaining to this contract will be done in the State of Pennsylvania.
Stud Dog Owner(s): _______________________________________________